Employment OpportunitiesMake a Difference
Chautauqua Striders of Jamestown, NY, seeks an Executive Director for this unique and nurturing 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to the mentoring and guidance of youth through education, advocacy, and athletics with an annual budget of approximately $1,000,000.
The Executive Director has day-to- day administrative and program oversight responsibility for achieving the enterprise mission and assuring the efficient, effective, legal, and ethical operation of the organization. The Executive Director oversees all functional areas of the organization including programming, strategic planning, human resources, finance, marketing, and public relations.
The successful candidate should have at minimum a Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree a plus) in
business management, education or a related field, combined with the following experiences and
-At least 5 years of senior level management/leadership experience;
-Experience, skills, knowledge and abilities in supervising employees and overseeing daily operations of an organization or company;
-Experience with educational program development and implementation;
-Experience working with and for a Board of Directors;
-Effective Board relations and ability to work collaboratively with others;
-Ensure a shared vision for staff, board of directors, and other groups aligned with the enterprise mission;
-Identify and cultivate individual, foundation, corporate, school, and government relationships to generate funding for the organization;
-Ability and experience to prepare grants and funding requests;
-Experience with management of grant terms, conditions, and compliance;
-Implementing and executing fundraising efforts;
-Excellent public speaking and communication skills;
-Knowledge of issues facing youth and families.
Competitive salary and benefits.
Finalist candidates must supply three (3) references.
Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to:
c/o Chautauqua Striders
P.O. Box 351
Jamestown, NY 14702
The deadline for applications January 31, 2018.
Education Liaison – Jamestown Public Schools
20-25 hours per week
- Experience working with youth
- Substantial background in education and/or after school setting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, sound judgment, and ability to work with diverse individuals and groups
- Ability to work with school teachers, staff, and administration to individualize tutoring experiences for many student
- Willingness to learn and participate in required training (some evenings)
- Ability to complete outcome reports and data entry
- Flexible schedule (Monday through Friday)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, Calendar, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license, transportation, and insurance
- Communicate regularly with classroom teachers to ascertain student academic needs and develop individualized interventions to be utilized by tutors.
- Use student data to assist tutors in developing intervention strategies.
- Establish regular communication logs with classroom teachers to monitor student progress in the school setting.
- Plan and present staff trainings and family nights in collaboration with partner agencies.
- Assist in development and implementation of programming at all sites as necessary.
Job Type: Part-time
PART-TIME TUTORS NEEDED
Provide academic interventions within elementary and middle school settings. Responsibilities include assisting students with homework, developing and implementing lesson plans, providing enrichment activities, identifying areas in need of improvement, communicating with teachers, documenting activities and data collection.
Hours vary based on site location.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.75 to $14.00 /hour
Starting wage varies from $10-$12/hour based on education and experience.
10-12 hours per week depending on placement.
- 1 year of college
- 2 years experience working with children under 13
- Classroom management skills
- Available Mondays through Thursdays between 2:00pm and 6:00pm with various start/end times depending on placement